GBCVB Charitable Giving Statement
The GBCVB is dedicated to supporting our world-class city, the historic Commonwealth of Massachusetts and our members through our philanthropic efforts. Funds raised through our charitable events will be used to support:
- the beautification of Boston and Massachusetts
- the restoration and sustainability of historic sites
- the enhancement of visitor services and experiences
- events which promote our area and support our industry
Requests will be accepted from GBCVB Members on behalf of the charity for upcoming fundraising events and will be reviewed by the GBCVB Charitable Giving Committee. Preference will be given to local entities where funds could make a significant impact on the work of the organization's cause. Entities must be certified 501(c)3. For Restaurant Week Boston® funds, the entity must be approved by American Express as well as the GBCVB Charitable Committee.
Deadline to submit a request for charitable giving events in calendar year 2013 is December 1, 2012.
Selected Charity will be notified by February 1, 2013.
Current Fundraising Events:
- Annual Golf Tournament (August) - multiple charities
(Previously awarded - ~$1500 per charity)
- Semi-annual Restaurant Week Boston® (March & August)
(Previously awarded - ~$20,000 per event)