With 30 Food Trucks and Trikes to Choose From
Fifth Season of Mobile Eats on the Rose Kennedy Greenway Features
15 NEW Vendors and 4 Food Truck Debuts
March 18, 2014 - BOSTON, MA - The Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy (rosekennedygreenway.org) today announced a record line-up of 30 food trucks and trikes, including 15 new vendors and four food truck debuts, for the 2014 season of Greenway Mobile Eats. Beginning Tuesday, April 1st, the largest ever number of vendors in five years of Mobile Eats will offer a wide variety of fresh, affordable cuisine at six different vending locations along the Rose Kennedy Greenway seven days a week.
The daily schedule and specific locations of participating trucks and trikes can be found at rfkgc.org/food. Patrons can also follow @HelloGreenway for the latest updates and reminders about where the vendors will be on any given day.
"We are so pleased to open our fifth season of Mobile Eats with our largest ever fleet of vendors," said Jesse Brackenbury, Executive Director of the Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy. "The tremendous variety of fresh, healthy, and locally sourced food items available at reasonable prices makes Mobile Eats a popular reason to visit the Greenway. We are proud to support the entrepreneurs and restaurateurs who have built a vibrant mobile food industry in Boston as we welcome them back to the Greenway for another delicious season."
Over 350,000 hungry patrons were served on the Greenway during the Conservancy's 2013 Mobile Eats season. Earned income from Mobile Eats has grown from $26,000 in its 2010 inaugural year to over $250,000 expected in fiscal 2013.
NEW vendors for the 2014 Greenway Mobile Eats season:
* Indicates mobile food vending debut in Boston
- Benny's Crepe Café - bennyscrepecafe.com, @BennysCrepeCafe (made to order crepes and omelets)
- Bacon Truck - bostonbacontruck.com, @BaconTruckBOS (gourmet sandwiches featuring locally sourced and prepared applewood smoked bacon)
- Captain Marden's Cod Squad - cmsfoodtrucks.com, @codsquadtruck (fresh, local seafood)
- * Evan's New York Style Deli - evansdeli.com (genuine, New York style deli)
- Frozen Hoagies - frozenhoagies.com, @FrozenHoagies (original, handmade ice cream sandwiches)
- Lilian's BBQ - liliansmokinrackbbq.com (high-quality Texas style barbecue)
- Lobsterdog - (cart featuring lobster rolls and hot dogs)
- Mother Juice - @Mother_Juice (fresh juice, smoothies and snacks made from local, organic produce)
- * Moyzilla - @MoyzillaTruck (Chinese dumplings)
- Pennypackers - @pennypackers (Porchetta Sandwich specialty)
- Renula's Kitchen - renulas.com, @Renulas (traditional Rhodian [Greek] fare)
- * Stoked Pizza - @StokedPizza (wood-fired oven on board)
- Sweet Tomatoes - sweettomatoespizzatruck.com, @SwtTomatoTruck (thin crust Neapolitan slices cooked on-site)
- Tenoch (trailer) - tenochmexican.com, @tenochmexican (authentic Mexican offerings)
- * Zo on the Go - zoboston.com, @Zo_Boston (authentic gyros)
Trucks and trikes returning to the Greenway for another season of Mobile Eats are: Baja Taco Truck, Beantown Franks N Spuds, Bon Me, Boston Harbor Ice Cream, Chicken and Rice Guys, Chubby Chickpea, Clover Food Lab, The Coffee Trike, Cookie Monstah, Costas Fruit Cart, Dining Car, Mei Mei Street Kitchen, Momogoose, Paris Creperie, and Roxy's Grilled Cheese.
The primary locations for food vending Monday through Friday are: Dewey Square Plaza, Rowe's Wharf Plaza, and at the Rings Fountain. Trucks can also be found in Chinatown Park and Dewey Square Park.
The daily schedule and specific locations of participating vendors can be found on the Conservancy's website, rfkgc.org/food.
Patrons are invited to "Like" Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Greenway on Facebook and follow @HelloGreenway for the latest updates and reminders about where the food trucks will be on any given day.
On Saturdays from May 3 through mid-October, Mobile Eats vendors can be found at the Greenway Open Market located in the Wharf District Parks between State and India Streets.
On Sundays in July and August, Beantown Franks N Spuds and Boston Harbor Ice Cream will be vending near the Rings Fountain.
A vendor's inclusion in the Greenway Mobile Eats program is subject is successful permitting and contract completion. This year's line-up of 30 vendors was selected from a total of 34 submitted proposals. The Conservancy, working with the City of Boston and Greenway neighbors, may add vendors during the season as opportunities present themselves.
About The Rose Kennedy Greenway and Conservancy
The Rose Kennedy Greenway is a mile-and-a-half of contemporary parks in the heart of Boston. It is a roof garden atop a highway tunnel that connects people and the city with beauty and fun. The non-profit Conservancy maintains, programs, and improves the Greenway on behalf of the public and in partnership with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
GreatNonProfits.org included the Conservancy in its 2012 and 2013 lists of Top Rated organizations, based on public reviews. Then Boston Mayor Thomas Menino awarded the Conservancy a 2013 Greenovate Award for its sustainability practices. BostInno named the Greenway as one of the 2013 "50 on Fire" for Arts & Entertainment.