Contact: Kelsey Kinton & Phoebe Fasulo FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Phone: (617) 867.8233
SUMMER SELECTS...BOSTON- YOU SHOULD TOO! City Ready for Amazing Summer Season
Boston, MA (June 4, 2013) -Boston is primed and ready for another great summer, packed with fun things to do and awe-inspiring places to see! If you're looking for something to do this summer, the Greater Boston Convention & Visitors Bureau (GBCVB) makes it easy with Summer Selects...BOSTON. People travel from near and far to experience Boston's rich history, unique culture, stunning museums and endless opportunities for outdoor recreation and water activities.
Summer Selects makes it easy to plan for everyone's favorite time of year with a sampling of events & activities. And no other American city celebrates our nation's Independence bigger and better than BOSTON with its annual Harborfest, a Fourth of July Festival that showcases the colonial and maritime heritage of the cradle of the American Revolution: the historic City of Boston.
July 4th in BOSTON... nearly a week long- Make it yours this summer!
• Exhibits: King's Chapel, Constitution Museum, Otis House, Old North Church, Copps Hill Burying Ground, Old South Meeting House, State House, Boston Light , Gun Drills
- Music: Wayne Potash, Town Hall Blues Band, DownCityBand, BAHA Brothers, Primal Funk
- Tours: Freedom Trail, Paul Revere, Boston's Waterfront, Historic Pubs, Fort Independence, Johnny Tremain
- Cruises: Boston Harbor, Charles River, Dining, Sailing, Moonlight Splash, Sunset Sails, Clambakes, Fireworks
- JULY 3: Children's Day City Hall Plaza 10am-3pm
Music & dance & entertainment.
- JULY 4: Highlights
Flag Raising & Parade
Reading of the Declaration of Independence
USS Constitution Turnaround Cruise & 21 Gun Salute to the Nation
Boston POPS concert
- July 5: Party on the Plaza City Hall Plaza 12pm- 3pm
Classic beach rock for a summer afternoon.
- July 6: Chowderfest City Hall Plaza11am-6p New England's top restaurants ladle out more than 2,000 gallons of New England Clam Chowder.
Other selections to enjoy:
- Arts on the Arcade July 3 11am-3pm visual arts, farmer's market, performing artists
- Cape Verdean Festival City Hall Plaza Independence festival
- Shakespeare on the Common - Two Gentlemen from Verona July 6 -28
- Samurai Armor - Museum of Fine Arts though August 4
• Barry McGee - Institute of Contemporary Art though September 2
To learn more details of all Harborfest and other events, including places to stay, visit www.BostonUSA.com.
About the Greater Boston Convention & Visitors Bureau (GBCVB)
The Greater Boston Convention & Visitors Bureau (GBCVB) is the primary private sector marketing and visitor service organization charged with the development of meetings, conventions and tourism-related business to enhance the economy of Boston, Cambridge and the greater metropolitan area. The GBCVB is a not-for-profit, membership driven sales and marketing business comprised of 1,200 companies across New England that depend upon the visitor industry for their own success and growth. For more information on what to do, where to stay, and what to see when visiting Boston, call 1-888-SEE-BOSTON, or visit www.BostonUSA.com