Let me get this straight. You know that there are over 200 of the Boston area's finest restaurants offering exquisite prix-fixe, multi-course meals at incredible savings. And you still haven't made any plans for Restaurant Week Boston? Even after I already told you about the eateries offering Restaurant Week drink specials? Yeesh. Maybe you're a teetotaler, or maybe you just need more incentive. Regardless, I have additional restaurants to share with you that are offering, if not exactly something for nothing, some great specials over and above their Restaurant Week menus, including:
- The Wine Cellar Back Bay - Complimentary $40 gift certificate to parties of two, $80 for parties of four, etc. Doing the math, patrons would be getting more than 50% of the cost of their already bargain-priced meals back in the form of a gift certificate. What a deal!
- Estragon Tapas Bar South End - Complimentary glass of sherry with dessert course, which by the way, includes your choice of flourless chocolate cake, rioja (Spanish wine)-poached pear with Basque cream, flan, or Surtido de Quesos, Spanish cheeses, quince preserves, honey, and walnuts. Yum!
- Zebra's Bistro & Wine Bar Medfield - Patrons will receive amuse bouche gifts from the chef of complimentary hors d'œuvres before the meal and bite-sized mignardises dessert items after the meal. Bon appétit!
- Ecco East Boston - Complimentary taste of chef's choice of risotto before the meal.
- Chiara - A Mediterranean Bistro Westwood - Receive a $10 coupon to return before the next Restaurant Week in August.
Remember, Restaurant "Week" starts this Sunday and spans two weeks from March 17 to 22 and March 24 to 29. Make reservations, find participating restaurants, and learn more at the official Restaurant Week Boston site. Now that you know about these wonderful specials, don't let me catch you dilly-dallying.
Photo: The Wine Cellar