Come experience the movement of the Diaspora hosted by the Esplanade Association on Wednesday, September 18 from 5:30pm to 6:30pm! This Sweat Session will be held at the iconic Mass DCR Hatch Shell.
Sweat Sessions come stocked with music and movement deriving from late and great artist and influencers from the continent of Africa!
“Afrobeats” is a genre of music that incorporates elements of jazz, soul and funk. Genre was initially curated by the late Fela Kuti or Nigeria.
Here is what to expect from the Afrobeat Fit Sweat Session
• 60 minutes of music and movement that tickle your soul.
• Learning foundations of Afro movement.
• 3 words – Engage your Core!
• Encouragement to go at your own pace!
• Body strength and conditioning
• Opportunities to connect with other Tribe members of the class.
• Smiles and SWEAT!
*Tribe is encouraged to go at their own pace, and stop and get whatever when they need to.
Photo by Sebastian Gonzalez Quintero