In the last two weeks of October, we are celebrating the ‘king of Italian wines,’ Barolo! A renowned producer of Barolo, Fontanafredda has been noble since the start. The winery was founded in 1858 by Count Emanuele Alberto di Mirafiori on the hunting grounds of his father, King Vittorio Emanuele II. The first king of Italy, Emmanuele was known for his bravery - and for his fondness for wine.
Today, more than 150 years later, the estate continues to produce wines of the highest caliber, thanks to the respect of the land, passion for vinicultural tradition, and use of innovative technology. Located in the heart of Le Langhe, a hilly wine region in the northern region of Piemonte, Fontanafredda is spread over 250 acres of rugged terrain in the villages of Serralunga d’Alba, Barolo, and Diano d’Alba.
Join us for a communal dinner celebrating the prized wines of Fontanafredda and the cuisine of the surrounding hills of the Langhe. Export Manager of Fontanafredda, Aberto Frea, will present guests with a range of their Barolo vintages which will be complemented by a regionally-inspired meal. Come taste the premium wines of Fontanafredda and the flavors of Piemonte at La Scuola of Eataly Boston!
What to Expect:
- Guests will receive a welcome wine and snacks upon entering La Scuola
- Export Manager of Fontanafredda, Alberto Frea, will present a short history of the winery and lead guests through a vertical tasting of their Barolos
- A 3-course meal will be served during the tasting
- Take-home tasting notes and recipes will be given to each participant
- Please note that no physical tickets are required. A confirmation email will be sent to the email you provide at check out and your name will be on the class roster.
- All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 21 or older.
- Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions. Contact the Scuola team at Boston.email@example.com if you have questions or concerns. If we are not notified ahead of time of any special needs, we may not be able to accommodate them.
- Pricing is inclusive of service and exclusive of Boston sales tax.