Built in 1747, Wright Tavern secured its place in American history in 1774 and 1775 when the First Massachusetts Provincial Congress used it as a convening space. Then on April 19, 1775, it was used as a meeting place for the local colonial militia, and later that same day it was taken over as the headquarters of the British Troops that raided Concord.
The Concord Museum, in partnership with First Parish Church, will open the first floor of the building to the public to celebrate this historic and hidden treasure.
Learn about the role the building played in the events of the Revolution, from the election of John Hancock as president of the Massachusetts Provincial Congress, to visits from the King’s army during the battles of Concord and Lexington.
Throughout the afternoon, enjoy colonial games, crafts, and a colonial clothing try-on for kids, while learning about the many owners of the building leading up to the present day.
At 3:00 p.m., join a walking tour of the Old Hill Burying Ground, just up the hill from the Tavern.