Learn how to create craft cocktails using local spirits made right here in New England! Each cocktail will be made using Saxtons River Distillery liquors paired with fresh ingredients from Boston Public Market vendors to create signature flavors.
The Mixology Class will be a step-by-step demonstration introducing proper mixology techniques that participants can then use at home. The class will be formatted as follows:
- The mixologist will discuss the spirits and the process of distilling, blending and aging Saxtons River spirits.
- The mixologist will then demonstrate proper mixology techniques and will discuss flavor profiles, pairing suggestions, and presentation.
- Next, the mixologist will demonstrate step-by-step cocktail building and will provide tips and tricks to creating a craft local cocktail.
- And finally, participants will get to sample each of the cocktails created and the group will discuss the different flavor profiles and how you can adapt those flavors to individual preferences.
Along with the cocktails we will also be tasting locally-made bread from Somerville Bread Co. and Massachusetts cheeses from Appleton Farms.
- Saturday, July 22th | 5:30-7:00 pm
- Saturday, August 26th | 5:30-7:00 pm
- Saturday, September 23rd | 5:30-7:00 pm
- Saturday, October 28th | 5:30-7:00 pm
- Sunday, November 26 | 5:30-7:00 pm
- Saturday, December 16 | 5:30-7:00 pm
Tickets: $28 per Trustees member and $35 per nonmember. Members must bring their current member card and number. Join The Trustees and save! Members save between 20-40% off all classes in The KITCHEN. Join here.