Multiple road closures and traffic restrictions are expected along the marathon route. The B.A.A. released the following town-by-town timetable of closures:
– Hopkinton from 7 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
– Ashland from 7:15 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.
– Framingham from 8:30 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
– Natick from 8:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
– Wellesley from 8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
– Newton from 8 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
– Brookline from 9 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.
– Boston until 6:30 p.m.
In Boston, street closures and parking bans wind through Brighton, Kenmore Square, and the Back Bay .
T - Station Closures
- The MBTA’s Copley station will be closed all day Monday.
- The Berkeley Street entrance at Arlington Station will also closed.
- The Green Line will have a few additional station closures from 10 a.m. to about 6 p.m.: South Street (B branch), Kent Street (C branch), and St. Mary’s Street (C branch).
- All subway lines will operate on a regular weekday schedule with rush-hour levels of service before and after the race.
For more information on marathon closures, check the MBTA website.
The commuter rail will operate on a regular weekday schedule, and the MBTA will include five additional trains on the Worcester line and five additional stops at Boston Landing.
The following bus routes will be rerouted during the marathon:
- Route 8, 19, 60 and 65 service will be rerouted during the marathon. No service on Brookline Avenue between Park Drive and Kenmore.
- Route 9 and 10 service will be rerouted and terminated at Back Bay Station.
- Route 39 will be rerouted. No service to Copley Square, and connections will be made at Clarendon Street.
- Route 52 will be rerouted. No service between Ward Street and Newton Center.
- Route 57 will be rerouted. Buses will terminate at Commonwealth Avenue and Blandford Street.
- Route 59 will be rerouted, and no service to Walnut Street between Newton Highlands and Newtonville Avenue.
- Route 66 will be rerouted. No service on Harvard Street between Brookline Village and Union Square in Allston.
- Route 86 will be rerouted. Buses will terminate at Chestnut Hill Avenue at Winship Street.
- Route 502 and 503 service will not run from start to end of service.
- Route 504 will be rerouted. There will be no service to the Copley Square area.
There will be additional Silver Line service before and after the marathon.
Bikes are not allowed along the route, according to the B.A.A. Bikes, including folding types, will not be permitted on any MBTA vehicles due to high ridership. For more prohibited items, check the B.A.A.’s website.