Multiple road closures and traffic restrictions are expected along the marathon route. The B.A.A. released the following town-by-town timetable of closures:
– Hopkinton from 7 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
– Ashland from 7:15 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.
– Framingham from 8:30 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
– Natick from 8:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
– Wellesley from 8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
– Newton from 8 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
– Brookline from 9 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.
– Boston until 6:30 p.m.
In Boston, street closures and parking bans wind through Brighton, Kenmore Square, and the Back Bay .
For more information on marathon closures, check the MBTA website.
The commuter rail will operate on a regular weekday schedule, and the MBTA will include five additional trains on the Worcester line and five additional stops at Boston Landing.
The following bus routes will be rerouted during the marathon:
There will be additional Silver Line service before and after the marathon.
Bikes are not allowed along the route, according to the B.A.A. Bikes, including folding types, will not be permitted on any MBTA vehicles due to high ridership. For more prohibited items, check the B.A.A.’s website.